WHO concerned over perception that vaccine-approval means pandemic is over; revelations of distorted case tallies cause controversy in Greece
- US breaks daily case record as Fauci warns of ‘terrible’ January
- Vaccine approval differences across UK, Europe and US
- Scenes from hospitals across America – in pictures
- Wuhan virologist warns more bat coronaviruses can cross over
- US coronavirus updates – live
South Africa expects to receive its first batch of Covid-19 vaccines from the global vaccine distribution scheme, Covax, in the second quarter of 2021, the health ministry said.
The ministry added in a statement it was on track to sign an agreement with the Covax facility, which is co-led by the World Health Organization, by 15 December.
More from the World Health Organization’s director-general.
“#COVID19 has affected young people a great deal, including mental health.
The Youth Council will serve as a platform for designing and incubating new initiatives and for maintaining and expanding existing meaningful youth engagement initiatives of WHO”-@DrTedros